Different types of soft metal sheet we carry,
what they look like, and typical uses:
Muntz Metal #4 (C28000) Sheet
Muntz Metal is a type of Brass (alpha-beta brass) also known as yellow metal. C28000 Muntz Metal is 60% copper, 40% Zinc with a trace of iron. This brass metal alloy was invented as an alternative to copper to save on costs. With as volatile as the soft metals market has proven to be lately, this is not necessarily the case, so please inquire about current pricing. Muntz metal, due to its higher Zinc formula, is a higher strength brass, but has lower ductility at room temperatures.
- Appearance is a Reddish-yellow and weathers to a Red-Brown to Grey-Brown. We carry this sheet in a #4 linear grain brushed finish. This material comes with a PVC film applied. The back side of the sheets are a mill finish, unprotected surface.
- Uses include: Decorative Walls, Sculptures, Art, Monuments. You typically see this metal at entrances to public buildings such as courthouses and federal buildings.
|Gauge (thickness)||4′ X 10′|
Copper Sheet Metal
Copper sheet metal is a very ductile and malleable metal, that is widely recognized as an excellent conductor of electricity.
Did you know? Many people think a penny is made from copper sheet metal, but did you know that most “copper” pennies minted post 1982 are 97.5% Zinc, with only a small amount of copper plating?
Copper sheet metal is 100% recyclable, but copper sheet metal prices are notorious for being very volatile, so please inquire about current pricing.
- Appearance is reddish orange in pure form. When exposed to humidity copper will patina to a bluish green. In relatively dry climates, such as Denver, copper sheet metal tends to naturally turn dark brown-black. Patina can be achieved artificially, by means of application of chemicals to speed up the process, and many pre-painted steel sheets are painted to mimic the patina look, or that of a worn penny. These sheets may or may not come with any PVC film. Please inquire.
- Uses include: Roofing, Siding, Bar Tops.
|Gauge (thickness)||3′ X 10′|
|4′ X 10′|
Zinc Sheet Metal
Zinc sheet metal is a non sparking, corrosion resistant sheet metal that is used primarily in outdoor architectural applications. This metal is easily formable, however in colder temperatures, may fracture when formed. Zinc sheet metal is an environmentally friendly metal due to its low production impacts, and ability to be 100% recycled. Make particular note that Zinc Galvanized is a form of coated steel product, thus vastly different from pure Zinc sheet metal sheets listed here within the soft metals category.
- Appearance is a dull blue grey color. Has a slight linear grain to the sheet. These sheets typically come with PVC film.
- Uses include: Wall Panels, Roof Panels, Trim
|Gauge (thickness)||3.28′ X 10′ (39.4″X120″)|